Sunday, January 5, 2014

[Service Announcement] The New and Improved Schedule

Now that I've done the obligatory greeting of the new year with resolutions and such, the blog should be getting back to a more regular format which should look something like this:

Sundays: Book Reviews
The regularity of these will depend largely on how quickly I finish each book in my reading list, but I'll aim to post one review every week. I'm currently reading Ready Player One by Ernest Cline - hopefully I'll finish it this week - and after that I'll be moving on to this month's Sword and Laser pick, The Einstein Intersection by Samuel R. Delany and Redshirts by John Scalzi (I'll be listening to the audiobook, which is narrated by Wil Wheaton).

Mondays: Saturday GUGS Actual Play Recaps / Board Game reviews
This might be bi-weekly if we're sticking to the routine decided upon for Saturday GUGS last term, then every other Saturday will be the Board Games League. On BGL weeks, I'll try and post reviews for board and card games I've played recently.

Tuesdays: Tuesday GUGS Actual Play Recaps
There won't be a post this Tuesday, as there's no GUGS this week, but once GUGS starts back up I'll be posting weekly updates on what's happened in the most recent sessions of my campaign. These will be posted the week after the session being recapped, to give me more time to get them written up for the blog. I'll do my best to keep them regular, but I still have prep to do for the campaign each week and that has to take priority, otherwise there might not be anything to recap! D:

Wednesdays: Behind the Screen
I'll be posting thoughts about GMing and roleplaying in general - as inspired by the DWAiTAS campaign and any one-shots I run in the interim - as well as posting occasional selections of plot hooks and other stuff that's relevant to your GMing interests.

Thursdays: Wild Card
I'll reserve this slot for anything else that springs to mind. I might post reviews of stuff I've watched or game books I've read, or maybe I'll post some additional thoughts on roleplaying or writing, or maybe I'll post something else entirely.

Fridays: Writer's Musings/Flash Fiction
I'll use this slot to post thoughts on the writing craft, or post some flash fiction that I might have written.

Saturdays: WeeGee (Weekly Geek) Reports
On Saturdays I'll continue posting about any geeky acquisitions I've made or stuff I've got up to in the past week as inspired by the Nearly Enough Dice podcast and Siskoid's Blog of Geekery.

There'll be an interruption to this schedule on the week beginning on the 13th of January, as I recap the first season of my 'DWAiTAS: The Exiles of Time' campaign, but normal service should resume the week after that.

That's all for now, I'll be back tomorrow with a review of Coup, from the makers of The Resistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment