Thursday, June 19, 2014

[The Plan] A Writing To-Do List For The Coming Months

The year's nearly halfway done, and I haven't accomplished as much, writing-wise (or in general, to be honest), as I had originally hoped. But I'm determined to get some projects finished and others well underway before year's end, so here's my writing plan for the next six months.

June (or what's left of it)
I've been trying to work by a split writing schedule this month; three days writing original fiction, one writing flash fiction, three writing longer original fiction. By the time August comes round, I want to have finished redrafting the first 'episode' of my Doctor Who/Evangelion fanfic, got it beta-read and start posting on FF.net, so I'll start focusing more on getting that first episode of that done before this month is over. I'm also going to try and write a couple of flash fics and outline my novel for next month.

July (Camp NaNoWriMo)
Despite my poor performance in April, I've decided to take another crack at completing Camp NaNoWriMo. I don't know what my project will be yet (although by the time this post goes live, I should have decided), but I won't have a lot of time to write anything else during the month, so that's my scheduled writing for July.

August
I'll start working on a a new long-term original fiction project, haven't decided what it'll be yet, but I'll probably work on another of my novel ideas.
Since the first episode of 'Doctor Who/Evangelion' should be posted in four parts on a weekly basis over the month of August, I'll want to try and complete episode two of the fanfic by the end of the month. I'll also try and do another four flash fics this month.

September
I'll continue work on the long-term original project, and once again, to keep a regular posting schedule over on FF.net, I'll aim to have episode three of Doctor Who/Evangelion done by the end of the month, especially as the plot I have in mind is perfect for the month of Halloween. And I'll aim for another four flash fics as well.

October
I should have the long-term original project finished off by now, and episode four of Doctor Who/Evangelion should be done by the end of the month, and I'll try for another four flash fics.

November (NaNoWriMo)
For the main NaNoWriMo event this year, I'll be doing something a little different and joining the ranks of the NaNo Rebels to design a game or two, because November is also NaGaDeMon (National Game Design Month). I mentioned a while back that I had a notion of writing up a couple of hacks for the Gumshoe RPG. One is a straight up Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. hack (which may or may not be based on the show or more comics-oriented, I haven't decided), the other is going to be a (hopefully) original setting inspired by Inception, except the PCs would be the ones investigating mind crimes, rather than perpetrating them. I'll be working on either one or both of those for November, and probably keep myself in the fiction writing habit meanwhile doing flash fics and continuing work on the Doctor Who fanfic in a more diminished capacity, meaning episode five probably won't start posting until mid-December at best.

December
With the year nearly over, I'll probably wind things down for a bit. I'll start planning a new long-term writing project for the New Year, and maybe write some flash fic in the meantime (at least two, maybe four).
I'll resume my previous work schedule for writing the Doctor Who/Evangelion fic and aim to have episode six finished by the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment