Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Primetime Adventures KS Ends, and taking a break from GMing

First thing's first, congratulations are in order for Matt Wilson's hugely successful Kickstarter for the third edition of his RPG, Primetime Adventures, which wrapped up about an hour ago having reached about 600% of its funding goal. As I've (probably) mentioned before, I loved the previous edition of Primetime Adventures and be will eagerly awaiting my print and PDF copies when the new edition is finally available.

On a more personal note, I've decided I'm going to take a break from running roleplaying games - even one-shots - for a month or two. This doesn't include the finale of my Doctor Who campaign, which I am determined to bring to a proper conclusion before I put away the GM screen for a while.

The reason being that I've been feeling kinda stressed while trying to run games the last month or so, and I need to try and concentrate a bit more of my creative energy on my writing projects instead of on roleplaying. I'll probably try and get back into running stuff in September, since GUGS will be needing GMs to one shots for the first couple of weeks of term to help introduce freshers to the society. So I'll try and run a couple of one-shots for those first two weeks, and then maybe try and run a one-shot every month after that.

In the meantime, I'm going to limit my roleplaying to playing in other peoples' games or playing GMless games. I've got Hell 4 Leather that I want to try out - we tried to play it last night, but it was a non-starter, so we played Munchkin instead - as well as a number of other GMless games (Durance, Grey Ranks, Microscope, One Last Job, Shock: Social Science Fiction, Viewscream, to name but a few) that I'd like to give a try sometime.

That's all for now, I'll have a book review of I Don't Want To Kill You by Dan Wells up tomorrow, and I might have another writing-based post in mind for Friday.

See you later folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment