Since I didn't have anything substantial to say about FAE, I decided to write up one of my old Warhammer Fantasy characters for Fate Core because I wanted to get a feel for building characters in Fate again. Also, I did say I'd do Fate-based content on Fridays, and I didn't want to break my word on that. So, here we go:
Leonar lived a quiet, peaceful life in the mixed human and elf village of Adaca until it was ransacked by a band of human supremacists. To his knowledge, he was the only one to make it out of the town alive after being rescued by a drifter by the name of Gyles who found him wounded in the woods near the village and fought off the men who tried to finish him off. Once Leonar was fully healed, he convinced Gyles to teach him how to fight. Knowing the boy would only go off by himself unskilled and possibly get hurt in the process, Gyles reluctantly agreed.
Leonar soon outshone his teacher and set off into the world, hunting down and killing bandits or scoundrels wherever he could find them, honing his skills for the day he would hunt down the men who destroyed his home. He eventually came to the attention of the Assassin's Guild, who recruited him into their ranks and offered him further training.
While wandering between missions, he was hired by some townsfolk to rid them of their local werewolf problem. It was during this quest that he stumbled upon a beautifully crafted silver sword which he took with the intention of selling it for some extra coin. Unfortunately for Leonar this sword, Wolfsbane, was a mystical artefact created to destroy creatures of the night such as werewolves, enchanted to bond with a worthy bearer until their death. It was also enchanted to draw such creatures towards it's owner, like moths to a flame.
Deemed worthy to wield the enchanted blade, Leonar finds it impossible to get rid of it, as it always finds its way back to him. The weapon is a burden to him both because of it's being a monster magnet and being too conspicuous for someone in his line of work, so he hopes to find some way of severing his bond to it...preferably without dying.
- High Concept: Half-Elf Assassin
- Trouble: Sole Survivor of Adaca
- First Adventure: Fated Bearer of Wolfsbane (No fourth and fifth aspects, since I haven't got other PCs to link him with.)
Great (+4): Stealth
Good (+3): Athletics, Fight
Fair (+2): Burglary, Notice, Shoot
Average (+1): Contacts, Deceive, Empathy, Investigate
- Mystically Tethered Weapon: If you lose Wolfsbane, whether intentionally or otherwise, it will mysteriously return to you by the next session.
- Werewolf Detector: Wolfsbane shines like the full moon when in the presence of werewolves or similar shapeshifting beasts.
- Wolfsbane: Always gain +2 to Fight when using Wolfsbane against werewolves or other creatures with a weakness against silver.