Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Plan: March 2015

As you may have noticed, the blog's been quiet for a couple of weeks. That's partly because I wound up bedridden with a nasty virus for one week, but also because I realised my contributions to the blog of late have been mostly Weekly Geeky Reports and, as much as I like sharing my weekly geeky exploits, those doesn't really make for much of a blog.

But it's a new month, and I need to get myself back in the habit of writing - for the blog or otherwise - so I'm going to try and start writing more posts with more regularity. At the moment, here's the weekly schedule I'm thinking of...

Mondays: I'll get back to posting actual plays for the Tears of a Machine: Tales of the Arx Jericho campaign. I'll attempt to start with a mid-season 'Previously on...' post tomorrow.

Tuesdays: It's a bit late to start posting actual plays of the Firefly campaign, but I'll use Tuesdays to post my general thoughts on roleplaying from the GM's side of the screen, based on my most recent experiences.

Wednesdays: I'm thinking of calling these '*World Wednesdays' and write posts related to Apocalypse World and the various hacks of it until I get bored with the topic. I have the 'If I Could Play [*World game], I would play as a...' series to continue with, and I'll probably want to post reviews of various *World games as I read through them.

Thursdays: I have no concrete idea for Thursdays yet, but I'll try and think of something. In the meantime, I'll just use it for random topics as they occur to me.

Fridays: In a similar vein to my plan for Wednesdays, I'm thinking of calling these 'Fateful Fridays' and dedicating them to posts about Fate Core until I tire of the subject. I'm currently reading through the Fate Core rulebook, so I'll probably write a review of that when I'm done, and I've got a collection of Fate Worlds PDFs I said I'd review at some point, so I want to make good on that promise.

Saturdays: Nothing for Saturdays, I'll use this as my day off to work on building a buffer of content for the rest of the week.

Sundays: I'll round off the week with my Weekly Geeky Reports, as usual.

So that's the plan, and I'll try to stick to it. Won't be easy, especially as I have less free time these days, but I need to keep myself in the habit of writing daily and, if nothing else, producing regular content will be a good exercise to help with that.

I'll have a Geeky Report for the past week up around lunchtime. See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment